February 6, 2009

The week for cars..and spendng money for it

Well this week has been fun. My mom's car needed to be fixed for a lot of money. Then the next day had to go back because there was a rattling sound that vibrated through the floor of the driver side. After the nuts were tightened. All was well in the car world.

Ehhh I think not.

My car this week, I got an oil change and a simple once over of my car. I paid and was done with the errand. Well for couple days now I have been hearing a high pitched errrrr noise when ever I pressed the gas. Weird I thought, but didn't think much of it. I knew it was the belt and I was going to get it check out soon. DUH Duh duh, didn't get that chance.

I was driving back from my niece's Elementary School with Kendra and Lillee. It sounded like I ran over a tin can. Kendra looked behind to see if anything was there, nope nothing. There was a slight turn up ahead and suddenly figured out what that sound was from. I have no power steering anymore. I told Kendra as I was going around the curve that I couldn't steer. So luckily there was an entrance to a Shell gas station. I pulled in immediately with the help of Kendra turning the wheel with me. As Kendra called her dad, who is a mechanic and works in a car dealership; I called my dad, saying I need him to come pick me and explained the situation. As I was talking Lillee, who is four started to worry and wanted out of her car seat. My dad said he would be right there. Kendra's dad said it was a belt. Well he was correct, my belt was streched but still intact (not broken), my dad found the pulley(assuming that was the tin can noise). As Kendra transfered the car seat, her purse, Lillee's backpack. I told the Shell Station attendants that I would be back in and hour, to deal with the car.

Everyone got into my dad's car, we dropped of Kendra first so she could get on her way to Kileen, I dropped dad off at work, and then took lillee to her nana's house(the reason I was picking up Lillee). As I drove back over to the shell station. I wondered if something came out of my car. The tin can noise made me wonder. So I walked up to where it happened, nothing. So I figured I had everything that fell/broke off. I called a tow truck, no way I am driving and no way could I drive.

The tow truck took it to the dealership Kendra's dad works for and said they would call me tomorrow (which is today friday 6th). They said it was the belt and the pulley, they told me the cost and that it would be ready today. I don't know this car will be lasting that long. There will be some transfering around with cars in our family, a new car in the near future, and some trade-ins with two of the cars.

No comments: