February 12, 2011

Gave Notice

As this trip comes closer, there are changes also. I gave a month notice at my job. It is a bittersweet moment. I have learned a lot from my bosses, co-workers, and even customers. I have learn how much work and people go into creating a retail store. This decision to travel has been a 3 to 4 year process. When I turn 25 I made the decision that I needed to do it before my 26 birthday. I didn't know if that was a possibility with time, money, etc. Now as the time is coming closer I am thinking about the experiences I may have and how traveling solo is scary, but also rewarding. I will learn about myself and how I handle situations. I will have to get from point A to B via any transportation by myself. I will make decisions about where and when I want to go somewhere without relying on anyone elses input. I don't know what my travels have ahead of me, but it is sure going to be an experience that will be with me forever.

Countdown Continues....

Next weekend, I am walk/running 26.2 miles...Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Go Katie!! Everything you're doing is very brave and very difficult. Congrats on keeping your integrity and moving forward with these challenges. You are right, these experiences will stay with you the rest of our life and make you stronger. High five!

Justin said...

I don't know why, but announcing that you're quitting a job is one of the hardest things I've had to do in life. However once you get past that point, knowing that those few weeks are the last is one of the best feelings in life. It's like walking on air. Freedom.

Short Fry said...

One of my favorite proverbs applies directly to this post:

Forwards ever.
Backwards never.

I can only imagine what wonderful and amazing things are ahead of you in a new career!