The placement of the seats was pretty similar for most of our trips, I sat in the driver seat, Kim was my navigator in the passenger seat, and Grandmommy and Aunt Dorothy were in the back seat. As we were driving down 1, Kim and I were excited to be in Maine after the long countdown we had, Grandmommy hadn't been back in two years so she was excited to see who was there in the Colony, and Aunt Dorothy hasn't been in Haven for several years(she has been in Maine just not so North).
---the map, bangor (top left), Brooklin (bottom center)---
.jpg)
As we drove towards Ellsworth, Aunt Dorothy needed sunglasses because she misplaced/lost hers. We made it to Ellsworth, but we missed our turn off, which is a street that isn't clearly mark. We kept heading straight and finally I said to myself 'I am lost, I need directions.' Luckily there was a Rite Aid(like a CVS or Walgreens), Aunt Dorothy got her sunglasses and I got direction. We only missed the turn by three or four stop lights. We were back on the right road again. We made the bend on 172 toward Blue Hill. We made it to Blue Hill without much mistakes (it is a straight shot hard to not get lost). We went through Blue Hill on 172 and turn before Trades Winds Market Place(the grocery store) to continue on 172. As we headed down 172 we had rough direction on where to go. We were looking for 175 and we drove right past it, luckily I knew to turn around right away. As we headed on 175 into Brooklin the road has turns and ups and downs. It was a beautiful drive in.
---Soon on 175 we saw this(and no I was not driving, I pulled over to take this)---
---We drove over this bridge everytime we went into Blue Hill(the road is 175)---



When we finally got to Brooklin. this is what we saw:
---Brooklin General Store---

As we headed through Brooklin, we had to find Steam Boat Lane (unfortunately, someone took the street sign). After getting lost we finally found the place. YEA US! We got there in time to meet Carol Siddons and to see the beach/cove.
---The Beach/Cove (high tide)---
After that trip down to see it, we were hungry (it was about lunch time). Unfortunately, we didn't have any food. Very nicely, Carol gave us some hotdogs and chips to eat. When we were all full from lunch, we headed back to the Blue Hill grocery store to get groceries. When we got back, we unpacked and got settled, but before we started cooking dinner Kim and I headed down to the cove to see our first sunset.
---Our first pretty sunset---

---Kim and I, documenting our first sunset with each other---

Our first day is done. We are officially in Haven, Maine.
1 comment:
Oooo...what I wouldn't give to be back in ME right now.
I miss your erratic driving as I screamed, "Wait, wait...stop....go back...I want that shot!"
Oh and of course I miss random police escorts too.
Post a Comment