The flights were easy, the security was a breeze, and soon enough we were in Bangor, Maine. As we left the gate we were looking for my Great Aunt Dorothy (grandmommy's sister) and there she was sitting, waiting for us. It was great to see her. The first thing we did was get our bags, then get the rental car. This was the first time I rented a car from anywhere. As the two guys that helped me were very nice, but they talked over my head about insurance. Instead of commiting myself with something, luckily my Uncle Bob was reachable by phone to handle the situation. The two guys helping us out asked if red/cranberry was a good color of if we wanted a different color. I turned around to my grandmother, aunt dorothy, and kim who were chit-chatting and laughing--having a good time. They loved the red color, I think it is the idea of hot sexy ladies in a red car not a blue car, but a RED one. Ohh la la. As we headed from the car rental we headed to our hotel for the night. If it was anyone else(my aunts or mom) they probably would have gone to Brooklin, ME that afternoon/night, but I didn't know the way. The last time I was in Brooklin, Maine I was 10 years old, so a good 13 years timeframe. The evening went peaceful after that. We checked into the hotel, got comfortable, then decided about dinner.
The first thing we agreed on was a lobster dinner, or at least trying to get some form of lobster. We headed out to a place called Captian Nick's. It was a nice place which Kim ate her first lobster. It was yummy. That night Kim and I in our room and Grandmommy and Aunt Dorothy in their room. (note: kim and I watched america funniest home video and we went to bed at 11PM...grandmommy and aunt dorothy watched the republican convention and went to bed around 1PM) Hmm interesting.
The next day we headed off to Brooklin, ME.
---Flying into Bangor, ME---

---Where are we? Bangor---

---Kim wanted to find a Moose...this was her only one---

---Here is the RED car (this is not at the car dealership-this was taken later)---

---Aunt Dorothy and Grandmommy at Captian Nick's---

---Kim and I at Captian Nick's---

---Kim's first lobster about to be devoured...Bye, Bye Amigo---
2 comments:
CRANBERRY!!! It CLEARLY said CRANBERRY on the lease. So this just tells me this normally detail oriented lady is way off in knowing what's going on.
Post a Comment