October 1, 2008

Maine Trip- Third Installment

The next couple of days are a blur. Some days Kim and I went out by ourselves, other days we all stayed in to read, others days we stayed in the house to stay out of the rain, other times we stayed around Blue Hill and shopped.

---Kim and I went to the Yacht Club, which is a restaurant(not pictured), but this is the boardwalk in front of the restaurant---


---Kim on the Yacht Club rocky beach, it was low tide---


---looking down on rocks with barnacles and seaweed---


---close up shot of seaweed---


---me walking on the rocky beach---


---(L to R) Grandmommy, Aunt Dorothy, and me, this was taken in Blue Hill---



Kim and I took a side trip up North from us...we stopped many places.
---Penobscot, Maine...Left side is the old bridge not in use anymore, new bridge is on the right and has an Observatory deck 447 ft. high---


---the right, highest point is where the observatory deck is---


---me jumping before going REALLY high up---


Also, with the observatory deck you can visit the fort that is near it.
---Kim you can't push the cannons.....


......I mean is Kim they are props not real...(OK she did, but she is good with making the face)---


---I just sat on the cannons---


---Kim and I went to Acadia and hiked up S. Bubble Rock---


---At the top was Balancing Rock---


---The other side of S. Bubble Rock (balancing rock is about 50 yards behind me to the left)---


---Kim and I documenting that we got to the top---


There will be three more installments about Maine:
Stonington, Maine and Deer Isle
Naskeag Point and Acadia National Park with Grandmommy
Last Sunsets at Naskeag Point and Haven Colony and the Last morning pictures

1 comment:

Short Fry said...

Hahaha...when you say the days went by in a "blur"..don't lie. You know all too well that was because we were in a food induced coma. Mmmm...craaaaaabbbb diiiiipppp.