March 6, 2010

New Job...sort of.

I have a new job.... well sort of. There were some positions opening because a change in the Macy's company. I applied for a part-time position and got it. I haven't received all the information, but I am receiving associate. I work on the dock, but mostly in the stockrooms and home store. I will be organizing the stockrooms and keeping the right people inform about the products that are in the stockroom. In the home store, I will be setting projects that Macy's has planned for certain products, merchandising, keeping stockrooms clean and organized. The best part is the benefits, which I don't know yet (hopefully it is the best part- paid vacations I know for sure). I am hopeful whichever way. I will meet with my boss and figure them out this coming week or next. I need to sit down and figure out what was job consists of, what procedures on watching the stockrooms, is there a possibility of a pay increase, and when will the benefits start.

So I am no longer a on-call or contingent anymore, I am now part-time. As my dad said either I will love this job and work my way up or I will hate it and find something else. As my friends said it is a step in the right direction--it might not be a full time job, but I am working that way.

Now you know what is happening here with me.

2 comments:

Justin said...

Awesome! Congratulations! Can't wait to hear more.

Unknown said...

Congrats, Katie! You've always talked about how you like organizing stockrooms... this is great!