Recently (the last week or two) I have noticed the wildflowers blooming along the highway. It is a pretty sight. I thought, well if there are wildflowers along the highway there sure must be wildflowers at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center. So I decided to take a trip, by myself.
As you enter, you see this giant fly--I guess a good first impression at least it is memorable.
The fly was one of many other sculptures in the area. Here are a few of them.
Then I came across these vines with flowers. I thought they were really beautiful with the arches and sunlight.
Here are the flowers in a close-up shot.
Another thing that I was fascinated by was the cactus. This one was blooming bright red/orange flowers and it wasn't a big cactus compared to the flowers.
This one was small in size and intricate with the needles. I want to show how bright and beautiful it was that day so I angled the camera to get the green landscape and blue skies in the shot. There was a slight breeze going and lovely pathways to walk along and commune with nature. What a day.
This cactus is more common to see here. I liked the weird growths on the top which will turn in to another section of cacti leaves. The way I angled the camera allowed me to show the smoothness of the surface with the long crazy needles jutting out to protect itself (or maybe catch rain?).
Here are the bluebonnets, with an interesting sculpture behind it.
Reminds me of the old west with windmills, and no building ruining the view.
Took this shot to have a contrast of something hard and sharp to bright and pretty.
Different wildflower (there are many more than these two).
Close-up shot of a bluebonnet.
Here is one of the lovely pathways I came across. A lot of people were taking the same shot. It is a beautiful sight to see when the bluebonnets (or other flowers) are bunched together.
Hard rock, soft flower.
Around here people stop on highways to have their baby or themselves with a picture of them in the bluebonnets. I am sitting on a pathway of pink granite, leaning back to make it look like there are a lot of flowers, then snapping a self shot. As you may notice, or not, I have a black strap around my neck in the shot. I was not only taking pictures with my digital, but my dad's 35mm. All the shots you see are from my digital, I dropped of my film to get developed today and I will be picking them up tomorrow (Thursday).
I realize something as I was walking around by myself on a mile path. I am going to be doing a lot of things by myself. I don't like it, I think it is better and more fun to have someone with you. I felt in that moment all alone and realizing I am going to be alone for most things. As I pondered the thought and continued walking I glanced to my right to see a eagle soaring in the breeze (probably having a ball). Then it came around toward me and circled (no it wasn't going to eat me), then it soar on by and left. Though it may sound cliche, in that small moment or a blink of an eye I didn't feel alone. Then I was again, but it was alright.
1 comment:
The blue bonnets are really beautiful. I wish we had those growing wild here as well.
As for the "eagle", are you absolutely it wasn't a vulture attracted by the stinky..I mean sweet odor of your body? :P
Post a Comment