September 30, 2010

Not a leader, but a follower.

I made a decision before my 25th birthday to myself, to try new things by myself(to not follow as much). I am not a good leader, meaning making decisions, having the confidence to do something without needing back up reinforcement, going outside my comfort zone, doing things alone, and a few other things. I feel like I rely on people to much for outside reinforcement that I don't have and wished I had more of. I just want to gain more confidence, gain strength(physical and mental), and overall change my life and see where it goes, good or bad.

I have decide to check some things off my Bucket List to fulfill my promise to myself:
Complete a half of a half marathon(6.1 miles) - Oct 17 - IBM Classic 10K - signed up
Complete a half marathon(13.1 miles) - Jan 30 - 3M Half Marathon - signed up
Complete a marathon(26.2 miles) - Feb 20 - Austin Marathon - signed up
Travel Europe - got ticket
Go see a Broadway play in London or New York - planning stages
Go on the train that goes under the English channel - planning stages

All these things will be completed in 6 months or less.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo--a wonderful start and such varied choices--more to come I am sure.

Short Fry said...

Kt, whether you realize it or not you are a strong, confident, and above all CAPABLE person.

Change is scary...REALLY scary. Hence why most people live the "unexamined life". You are someone I admire more and more as time passes.

Stay true to you. :)

Justin said...

Complete a marathon?! OMG. File that under things I'm not sure I could do.