Today though it is all about getting on the plane to Spain.
March 20th, 2011
I'm doing it, I mean I am really doing this trip. I am still sitting in the Austin airport, but I got to the airport. It was sad to hug my mom and dad good bye and leave them behind security. They are my security. I am trying to stay calm and focused about my tasks to get from one plane to the next right now, but I am sure it will hit me when I am flying or sitting in the plane going to Madrid.
Embrace the moment.
Embrace my life.
Embrace.
~
Slight tears as I left Austin and my family though I know this trip will be good for me. I wish I had a partner in this - meeting me in ATL (Atlanta) and flying as OUR BIG ADVENTURE but I guess this is a challenge an named MY BIG ADVENTURE. I called my home twice today on a pay phone to talk to my mom :) It was good to hear her voice and say as many I love you's as we can. I did as planned, I had a beer which had some effect, but not much I also took PM medicine (1 pill) and hopefully it will help.
~
I am on the plane to Madrid there is a screen in front of me in Spanish- even cities in the USA - rome->roma, athens->atenas - I mean they flip to both (English and spanish). This is what I am going to see. I hope living in Texas and studying spanish in High School and College will come back now. I am sitting in a seat in the front (not first class) but I have tons of leg room. I am also near the gally(sp?). I don't know what the gally will be like at night, but I am prepared with earplugs and an eyemask. Ohh I am totally impressed with the first class seats *wish* I could afford that. I still feel like I am going to college or something I believe it night get worse or I will realize it a few moments after we land like HOLY CRAP customs, spanish, all by myself, but all things will work out. That's what I have to keep telling myself. I have saved, worked extra hours and planned this trip to have a blast and experience the 5 countries. This is a long, time wise and I am doing a lot - I hope I don't exhaust myself with hostels, people, and just the pure length of the trip.
~
Well I am on my way, no longer EUROPE OR BUST it is just EUROPE!
~
p.s. My goal (with this journal) is to write in this daily about random things - so I please my g-mom(grandmother) and I have a accurate depiction of my trip so in the future I may read my 25 year old thoughts when I am 50 or 60 and who I was and how I changed because of this trip.
-----Hello self :)I hope you enjoy the tears, laughs, and overall joy with this journal, given to you by your friends and ex co-workers Andrea and Gracie-----
1 comment:
Oh, kool kid! I'm so glad you went on this grand adventure. You will never. ever. regret seeing the world at large.
I have so many posts to catch up and read. yay!
I also always feel the same about the 1st class. Those lucky people..
Post a Comment