April 7, 2011

Tour - Cordaba

It was like my history books coming alive. We had a horrible tour guide for this mosque/church he was very into himself and all that he has accomplished than with the mosque/church...so I don´t have much information to tell you about it other than pictures. the old floor...nothing to say about it. picture of the church section within the mosque...many people conquered the area an so most buildings share religious histories.... lots of open space for pray toward mecca... Inside the cordaba mosque...which also has an church altar and nave in it to. Interesting doors also...some like this and some with knobs on them(pictures later) Me outside the city looking toward mosque and cathedral. Blue doors from an area near la manacha....hmmm don quioxte anyone....i have seen many pretty door handles this was one of them i still have to blog about seville, granada, barcelona...so many more blog to come...just not quickly.

2 comments:

Justin said...

Love the horse-head knocker and its shadow on the blue door. Great pic.

Short Fry said...

Okay...so I know I should be really in awe of all the beautiful mosaics (and I really am), but is it such a bad thing I was jumping out of my seat to see you in an OU shirt abroad?!?

Way to represent some bobcat love!! :D