October 16, 2012

New Hair Cut

Short, short, short... still figuring it out. Picture above has no product (i.e. hair cream/hairspray) in it. It is growing on me, I had it longer by two inches and this was a test for my cousin wedding in December. Could I or would I like it this short? Does it work with my outfit and accessories? All point to yes, but still figuring it out about length.

Blog/Life Update:
Busy with school, enjoying it, figured out I am not good at letterhead and business cards (either to much space or not enough space) I do like doing logos. There is a challenge to creating one unique yet fitting to the situation. Last weekend Fri, Sat, Sun I worked at my on-call job and realized that I was over everything and it is time to say good-bye. It was the first weekend that I wasn't happy every other weekend has been good even with chores (i.e. Cutting down tree branches may take down fence in process, next weekend fix fence...all a process I guess and all fixed now though).
I will try and be better about posting work that I am doing, but soon will have to start creating a portfolio online, so I may link to that at some point.

Currently,
for typography
I have played with type with a recipe on and off a grid
Working on a Logo for Business card/Letterhead

for design concepts
created a perfume idea with bottle (not physical just on paper)
minimalist movie poster
working on rebranding logo of a company of our choosing

for vector graphic for productions
created 4 logos as a family
working in book and exercises

for basic illustration
Blind contours (no looking at paper at all of people or still-life*)
semi-blind contours (glance at paper once in awhile of people or still-life*)
sighting (still-life*)
cross-hatching (fabric, still-life*, study of lines)
perspective (hallway 1pt, dream street 1pt, dream house 2pt, study of rectangles)
cylinders (study of cylinders, still-life*)
charcoal (still-life*)

*still-life is of three or four objects set up at your desk or in the center of the room and you draw from it

No comments: