This morning I did my suppose-ed 5 mile, but I just mapped it and it came out to be 5.45 miles. On Thursday I did a 5 miler in 1 hour 16 minutes and today I did it in 1 hour and 19 minutes. So I did pretty good. I am working on running longer, but because it was cold I started with 4:1 (walking : jogging), but on the way back I did 4:1.30, which wasn't bad. I didn't feel like I worked hard the only tight spots I get are my shoulders sometimes and the top part of my thigh where the pelvis and leg meet on the front. Other than that most thing are fine.
Still on my path to completing this course. I think when the weeks get to 10 to 12 miles I hope I can get pass them with better ease than these smaller mileage. I am going back and forth on doing a half or full marathon. I know, I know I am crazy and the weird part is that around where I live I choose to do hills, I like the feel of my muscles getting tired and the soreness as I run up the hill. I also can run on the pavement and not have to worry about light poles and lots of people. All I do have to worry about it the traffic when I am running on the streets either on the side or in the bike lane. When I am downtown it gets frustrating to stop for the traffic lights and then you have to avoid any people and overall seems more difficult to finish the amount of walking/jogging I have to do. But I do it anyways because it gets me out of the house. I have a busy week this week with Macy work so working out is going to be a 'first thing I do when I get home' kind of thing.
1 comment:
I don't even have to read this post to know you are crazy "55 degrees = cold". BAHAHAHAHA...silly Texan.
Post a Comment