Okay, I have good days and bad days with my running. If I work too much my body doesn't work well on Saturday mornings. Sometime during the week I struggle to do my exercise, I do them just not in the way I should because my body doesn't cooperate. Other days are a breeze, I can walk/jog 6 miles and feel good about it. Today I had my Saturday class. We had to do 7 miles. It was fun, well fun isn't a good word, it was fun with torture, exhausting, and burning mixed it. I did 3/1.15 or 1.30(depending on how I was feeling, I tried to keep it to 1.30. I did this from the start, threw the capitol, on to MLK, San Jancinto, and Duval up to 35th street. I thought when I got there I would do 2/1.30, but I couldn't. So I continued with the 3/1.30 until the capitol.
That is when I started my 2/1.30, wow was that a breeze mixed with effort to keep going until the end. I had moments in my run where I was flying and other time I felt like my head was not getting enough oxygen, my legs were struggling to pick themselves up and I just hoped 1.30 would come quicker than it was. But those small moments when it was a breeze it was nice. I liked it. I was also surprised that I could run 1.30, I have been sticking to 1.15 and just shortening the intervals of the walking part. I am glad I stuck with the 1.30 because it is a boost of self confidence in your running when you can do something. It was also the farthest I have gone walk/running. 7 MILES, go me, go me, who would have thunk? Yes...me...to do 7 miles...HA. Well the next week I will be doing 8 miles, so hopefully I can have small moments of it being a breeze.
I also wanted to say that on 10/18/2009, I did a walk/run 10K or 6.1 miles in 1 hour and 31 minutes. I did my 7 miles in 1 hour and 32 minutes. I figured it was about a 13 minute mile I did today. The previous 10K was 15 minute mile. So I am improving on my walk/running. Go me!
No comments:
Post a Comment