Hopefully with the physical therapist the pain will get better. Unfortunately, I have to take my run/walking easily or not at all. I have to try to stay away from going downhill until this is better, unfortunately I live in a area that has hills. I think it is better if I take time off from my run/walking because even walking a short distance I have pain in my knee. Generally, this is just a frustrating time. I think after the physical therapist I might join a month to month gym membership or YMCA. I don't know yet, but I need more strength training in my routine.
December 18, 2009
Knee Pain
Since December 5th I have had pain in my knee. I ran/walked 7 miles one day, then 8 miles the next. I took two days off, one day I was sore on my thighs, then my knee started hurting the next day. It has been hurting ever since. It ranges in pain from 'please cut off my knee' to 'why does it not hurt now? *confusion*' Finally after 11 or so days I decided it was time to go to a doctor no matter the cost. I needed to get it checked out. Yesterday I went to the doctor, they took 4 x-rays and checked out all my muscles. The doctor stated that I have runner's knee. I now have to go to a physical therapist to strengthen my inner quad muscle, pictured below. (note: not my knee- it is a female bodybuilders knee- nor will I be making my muscles that big)

Hopefully with the physical therapist the pain will get better. Unfortunately, I have to take my run/walking easily or not at all. I have to try to stay away from going downhill until this is better, unfortunately I live in a area that has hills. I think it is better if I take time off from my run/walking because even walking a short distance I have pain in my knee. Generally, this is just a frustrating time. I think after the physical therapist I might join a month to month gym membership or YMCA. I don't know yet, but I need more strength training in my routine.
Hopefully with the physical therapist the pain will get better. Unfortunately, I have to take my run/walking easily or not at all. I have to try to stay away from going downhill until this is better, unfortunately I live in a area that has hills. I think it is better if I take time off from my run/walking because even walking a short distance I have pain in my knee. Generally, this is just a frustrating time. I think after the physical therapist I might join a month to month gym membership or YMCA. I don't know yet, but I need more strength training in my routine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad you are slowly recovering from your injury.
Quite honestly the photo of the body builder's leg scared me much more than anything else. Creeeeepy.
Post a Comment