I bought a tabletop easel. We will see where is takes me. It might be awhile until I show what I am currently working on, but in due time I will post-it up here.
UPDATE:
Bought a chair--now I can officially use my desk in the proper way. Recently with just having a desk I have used it to hold papers and stuff, but have had to sit on my floor next to it to use my computer and go through the papers. I have test driven the desk and chair and it is working well together. I am glad I picked the right chair.
Since the time I have been home I haven't had a desk. I either use my computer on my bed or on the floor. Now my body is usually crunched up which has resulted in some pain in my foot, hips, and neck. Yesterday I looked on the internet at different desks from walmart, target, and ikea. I came to the conclusion that I liked the most from ikea. So I decided last night on the spur of the moment to head over and look at some desks. I had a budget to not spend over $200 and I didn't know if I would actually buy something. As I was sitting there deciding about white or birch I talked to my friend Kim. Finally, I made a decision to get the birch. It is part of the Jonas line. It is simple on top which I wanted because it would give me more room to do some art work and also have my computer on my desk too.
Here it is just finished...haven't place anything on it. I put it together all by myself. I made two mistakes, but luckily I could correct them. The first one I needed to call my dad for help I put the small dowel inserts in the wrong hole. I was afraid they wouldn't come out, but vise grips worked. The other I just missed a step, but completed later on thank goodness.
Here it is all set up.---art clothes underneath desk(don't want to mess up good clothes), the face is an older painting I have from my painting class in college, laptop to the left on top of blue bins that is holding more art supplies. Decoration above is a paper quilt I made in a paper making class I took in college.
Items on desk will change, but was trying it out. (R to L) Disposable palette, camera on top, jar filled with towels to protect desk, Stephanie's(brother's girlfriend) painting, bowls with pencils, colored pencils, pens, markers, and a few empty bowls with cards from work in them, my ipod player with ipod inserted in it, remote for iopd, a little notebook my co-worker gave me from Christmas, and 4 artist panel 8 X8 (not out of package yet).
Before I bought the desk I have been slowly going through what I own and getting rid of some stuff. Then buying this yesterday has help me reconsider more stuff I should keep, get rid of, or donate. My room hasn't been this clean for awhile. The next thing I have to buy, which might have to be in a week or two is a chair for my desk(a cheap one) and a desktop easel (probably this one) for my paintings/drawings.
3 comments:
B-you-ti-ful. Building things for your space like that always provide such a sense of satisfaction. Nice choice.
Awww you put the painting on your desk! I'm so flattered :-)
Soo...you see the red luggage in the corner, stuffed almost behind your desk? Good. Take it out, dust it off and make some plans for you and me to go somewhere..anywhere..away from our retrospective lives! :P
On another note, I really do like the desk. It's a nice, neutral color. I also like the glass bowls for organization. VERY cool.
Post a Comment