January 6, 2010

Taking a break from doctors appt.

I decided to take a break from doctors appts.. I wasn't really doing the stretches at home and I felt like I wasn't getting really much out of the sessions. I am going to try it at home for awhile. I started back up with my exercising. I only went 30 minutes- half was run/walking 4.00min : 1.45min and the other half was walking and talking on the phone. I didn't want to push me knee. I am hopeful that I can get back on track for training without hurting myself more. I am debating about joining a gym. There is a 24 hour fitness that is close by (maybe 2-3 miles) and their monthly rates are $32. There is also a planet fitness about 8 miles away and it $1 to join and $10 a month. I am weighing the desire to join. I realized that I would spend more money on weight watchers in a month than the gym. I just don't know how fully committed I am to the gym, but I need strength training and I do like treadmills and ellipticals. Hmmm...tough decision.

I also joined the pound for pound challenge (click here). I thought it might make me more motivated because other are depending on me (or might make me fail) either way it is a commitment to something other than myself. I have lost focus on weight watchers, I am slow getting back to the reason why I started, are they still the same reasons, and where do I want to head now.

UPDATE:
Not going to join a gym, at least not right now. I am not fully committed to going and being there. I will contemplate it at a later date. Saving my pennies right now.

1 comment:

Lady said...

What really helps me is working out with a friend who can make it a bit more fun. Also hiking a scenic path or cycling along a lake helps makes things a bit more fun.

I went through weight fluctuations after personal family problems happen, and I know life will continue throwing things at you, and it helps to reach out to family members and friends when you feel down. I reach out now and it helps a lot more. I usually kept to myself and would internalize my pain because I did not want to bother my family members with my problems, but then I learned that they also needed my help. I am not saying this is you as well, but just wanted to share.

I wish you and your family the very best for 2010! =)