September 3, 2011

Barcelona Apr 1-6 : Food and Other


So in America there are big grocery stores with all different items. Now there are stores, but not as big as walmart, target, HEB, etc. There are plenty of these open air markets and the smell ranges from nothing to rotten fishy, depending on where you are. Not my favorite place, but enjoyable to walk around and see all different types of produce.


As you can tell many separate structures with repeating items.


Also you can buy bull penises, heads of lamb, any organ in an animals body, etc.

I also went to restaurants to try food. This was done with a friend, Ritesh from India. This place was good and recommend it to anyone. Very nice people and great food.

Yummy.


Here is our food, from bottom to top, Jamon serrano (cured ham with bread), Paella with chicken, peppers, and white beans, beer, shrimp in garlic oil mixture(not mine, but tried), patatas bravas (fried quarters of potatoes with ketchup/tabasco/mayo mixture on top) and then Ritesh's sandwich.


Here is a close up in the paella, LOOK at that BEAN compared to a normal size thigh of chicken. It was good, but huge.

Then I decided one day to take a paella class. I thought we would be cooking, but it is more learn and watch how it is cooked. I tried to do this one day and rushed to get there and tripped off a curb into stopped traffic. So this time I planned enough time to get there and the guy was late.

Here is the view of the finished paella. It was the seafood type with squid, mussels, and prawns.


Detail of the three seafood in the paella.


Me with the food. I did try a mussel for the first time. Not bad, but paella is not my favorite thing to eat. No spice, nothing special for me.

OTHER
As I am traveling around Barcelona on a free walking tour or by myself I have random pictures I took that I wanted to share.

Picasso on a building. Don't know the building, but it is there.


Fancy door that was included in my door and door handle blog.


Lines of vespa, mopeds, motorcycles. This is everywhere because smaller cars, mopeds, and bikes are easier to park quickly and close to where you need to go.


A fountain at night.


Same fountain with Ritesh and I in front of it.

No comments: