September 1, 2011

Barcelona Apr 1-6 : After Gaudi Tour - Park Guell

So I came in through the back so I have worked it so this is how it would look coming from the front.


Photo was quickly taken, so kind of blurry.


Looking at all the layers of this park. Gaudi and a friend Guell (I believe) wanted to have housing here. They had strict guideline to allow anyone to come live here which didn't attract many people. Also, it was far from town at the time.


The above picture was taken from inside the house on the left. This might be the houses and what they were going to look like, but I am assuming it isn't it.


As we head up the stairs.


A lot of mosaic everywhere you look and touch. We are going to continue up the steps under the columns.


The ceiling was beautiful.


Here is a video with a cello and violin playing.


A different view.


Continuing up the steps to the famous seats.


They are all different tiles and wave like shape. People fill these seats very quickly. I didn't get a few good shots without people.


Different tile and view.


Different tile and view.


Then if you turn around and walk up some more this is the view looking toward the seats.


This is a look out to the seats and open grounds and the 2 houses.


Behind me is a garden like place (more wild than planted) and as you continue you walk around you can see in the distance the Sagrada Familia.


Then you walk some more and you will go down steep hills with elevators in them and some without elevators in them. (***This photo was taken the way I was coming. I was going up not coming down as I did this blog***)


After the elevator here is a pick of the steep hill until the next elevator (***This photo was taken the way I was coming. I was going up not coming down as I did this blog***)

No comments: