August 31, 2011

Barcelona Apr 1-6 : Gaudi Tour Part 5 Up High

Now when I enter they wanted to know if it was a ticket or a ticket and a lift. I didn't want to do the lift not knowing about it. Luckily the girls in front of me were talking about it and I decided to do it. Well, who knew I was afraid of heights...well I knew, but doesn't stop me I guess just slows me down a bit.

Ok if you look at this picture I went up the right tower crossed over the bridge tiny bridge and walked down the left tower. It doesn't look that high, but it was high. Now this picture was taken zooming in.


This picture isn't. Those towers are 100 meters high (roughly 328 feet).


This is me at the top, totally freaking out. I was holding on to something at all times. I don't know why that calms me down a bit, but it does. It is not like if things decided to crumble I would survive.


This is the view out from where I am standing.


A view looking up from where I am standing.


This is the other tower and walking down the steps, you can take the elevator, but I decided to take the stairs to take pictures on the way down.


Here is some fruit and decorations on one of the wings being built. I believe in the background that is the Virgin Mary tower being built. When that one is done they will start on the Jesus tower which will be 170 meters high.


Here is a detail of the fruit.


Here is the bridge crossing the two towers I am on to the other two towers. You can see him on the first and second photo on this blog.


Here is a video at the top.

No comments: