I am doing segments of his work because there are so many good photos I have and wanted to share. So this is the Bakers house (not official name). This house was re-designed by Gaudi and was owned by a baker.
Starting with the details, the whole front is tiles. All different colors and interesting balconies.
As the pictures slowly move out you get to see more and more. This shows a part of the first floor where in that time was where the main owners would live. Then the above floors could be where tenants lived.
More of the first floor with a lady talking on the cell phone. I didn't go inside that best was outside for me.
Now there is many ideas of what this building represents, it is up to the viewer to make his or her own decision. They say that the roof looks like a dragon and the balconies and columns are the skulls and bones of the people the dragon has eaten.
The other story is that this is the Baker's house so the decorations would go on some treats or cakes the Baker was making.
All in the eye of the beholder, I guess.
This street had very interesting house, I like the one right next door(not created by Gaudi). You can see the different in styles, use of materials, and colors.
View of the whole building.
A view of the two houses next to each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment