September 21, 2009

Athens yesterday---Zipling today

Athens was fun to visit, I guess you do grow out of the college life. I felt like I fit in to the demographic, but I didn't fit in sociably. Kim and I walked around and visited some stores looking for an improvement to my ratty sweatshirt that has holes, tears, and paint on it. I did find one, but it doesn't have a hood, I might have to buy another one that has a hood, who knows if I will. Other than that I filled up on my favorite food, Bagel Street Deli. Ohh how I missed that toasted bagel with turkey, light mayo, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and cucumbers. Ahhhh, mouth is watering. I don't know why I couldn't make it at home, but it just is so delicious and juicy. Other than that I only noticed small changes in athens. I am happy I came back to visit because I realized a few things. One that I don't feel the need to come back to my university for more schooling. Second I don't have the need to relive the glory days (not that I did have glory days). Also I like the atmosphere, I think in Austin I have to drive to all places I want to go, I'm just another person that no one notices, and overall the lifestyle feels more impersonal. Here in Athens, I can walk everywhere to get anything, I feel that the community is small that you could be noticed more, and overall I don't feel like I would get lost in the crowd. I still have more food places to visit in Athens, hopefully we can fit them in.

Zipling

Okay so my new motto I am trying to try new things. Now people may not know, but I am selectively scared of heights. Why selectively? Well, it isn't like I am scared everytime that I am in a place that is high. I don't know why that is, it is just is. Certain places I have had anxiety about heights are in planes sometimes as they are going up or down, in texas there are high overpasses that are 4 or 5 high, and anything that is shaky or not look secure.

So today, Kim and I decided to Zipline. It is when you are harnessed to a wire and travel from one tree to the next. Overall it was fun and pictures will be coming, when I get home from my trip. The only part I was nervous on was a place when we had to walk over 2 shaky bridges. I made it over, but I was shaky and holding on the the tree for some feel of support. The other time was when you are clipped to the wire and you sit back into your harness over the edge of the platform that is surrounding the tree. It was hard to trust it even though they stated that the harness holds 4500lbs.

Overall the motto is working just fine. I joined a running course to help me start exercising and propel me to the another goal I have, but won't share, I have continued on weight watchers, and now I can add zipling to the list. I think that for me to stretch myself to do something is good because then I learn not everything is as bad as I think it may be. I also think that it gives me experience that I could never lose from my knowledgeable skills.

Kim had experienced that zipline about a month ago and still found it fun and fascinating. We had fun taking pictures and video. The only bad part about the day was the on and off of the rain, but luckily we were under the trees so it wasn't that bad.

Weight Watchers Update

The weight watchers meeting today was not so good I gain 2.6 pounds. I am hoping I can maintain it this week instead of gaining. I am trying. All I need to do is take it easy and not over do it. I feel like stuffing my face which in turn just was proven on the scale that is doesn't work. Tomorrow is another day and all I can do is my best.

No comments: