September 20, 2009

My Trip

Okay probably for two and half months now I have been keeping a secret. I am going to surprise my friend in Ohio by visiting her. No it isn't her birthday, no there is no reason except to visit her and then swing over to my grandmother's and visit her. I am bursting with smiles and giggles when I think about it. She has absolutely no idea except that she has to keep that time open and that people know about it. Her boyfriend, David, is in on the surprise visit.

So the plan is that I am going to fly up there on Sept. 19th and arrive at lunch time. David is going to take Kim to lunch at Johnny Rockets near the airport, but not near enough to signal something is up. I am going to get a taxi over, luckily Johnny Rockets is a building near the mall so I can wait in the mall and not be seen. Upon arriving David is going to excuse himself from the table to go use the "restroom," but instead is going to call me and tell me where they are sitting. Now my fear is that I am going to giggle and be all excited to see her I won't be able to slide right in next to her and be like "So, what are you having today?" Now I am writing this about a month before hand...so updates on how it really went down will be posted. *crossing my fingers to kept the secret and be cool when I arrive at the restaurant.

____******_____******_____******_____******_____******_____******_____

OK just passed the 13 days mark...I am kind of afraid that I blew the secret. I hoping kim didn't hear and I am just imagining things. What happened was that I was on a skype date with kim and had to called my boss because the days I was scheduled were going to interfere with my running course, I said something along the lines of "I don't want to miss the running course on Saturday because I am off next two weekends (or weeks I am not sure what I said)." I muted my volume, but I didn't unplug my microphone. She may or may not have heard, I just don't know. She didn't say anything, but I am most likely sure she heard. I am still not going to spill just in case I am freaking myself out and she didn't hear anything.

I am going to call her on the 11th a week before I leave and complain about my job. I am going to tell her my "fake/true" schedule about me working, I don't get the schedules until a week before hand. So on the 11th I will get the next week's schedule, I might or might not be working the 18th, but she doesn't know. Also I won't be working the 20th because I will be up there, but she won't know that either. So my plan is the tell her that my job sucks and that I am going to have to work the 18th and 20th. In addition, I am going to say that "I was told that the support team will be working the 21st, 22nd, 23rd, and 24th because we are behind on markdowns big time...yeah for standing all day...sigh" (that is false because I will be up there visiting her). I am trying to come up with plausible lies that will be like maybe she miss heard. If she asks if I am taking the next two weekends or weeks off I am going to say "No not weeks I was trying to get a couple of free weekends in before the craziness of Christmas season. This schedule is conflicting with my plans there is a Triathlon that is only women in Spicewood, TX about an hour away that I wanted to go see, if it was different with the one that I saw in Austin, but now I can't do that. Errrr this job is sucking the life out of me." Hopefully, I won't have to go that far in the lies.

Then my next plan is to be like. Enjoy your surprise hopefully sometime you could call me and tell me what it is. I probably won't talk to you much the next week (11th-18th) mostly I will talk to you after the 24th because of my crazy schedule, but I will try when I can. Then I am going to talk to her the smallest amount of time, but I have to sound exhausted or I will just text her and be like I am sorry I am totally in a funk and need a day by myself. Or I will say something that will come to mind. Gosh so many lies I am going to have to come clean too. I hope I fake her out with these lies.

_____******______******______******______******______*******______

Okay so this is what truly transpired the last couple of days. I did have to work a crazy schedule leading up to my trip. I worked sunday 5-10, tuesday 5-2, wednesday, 5-2 thursday 5-2, and friday was supposely 5-2, but luckly hours got cut so it was 5-10. Then I was busy until 2 o'clock hanging out with my other friend Kendra and her daughter before they move out a week after I come back from my trip. I then went home and started printing off plane information, making sure how much money I had in my bank account, and making sure what I needed to pack. In the end the exhaustion one took over and I took a nap on my floor for about 30 minutes to an hour. It helped me last a little longer that night.

Finally I packed it all and was ready to go on my trip. The night before I left I wrote kim an e-mail about how I am doing a running class in the morning and that I was going to go home after it to go to sleep and that I was going to turn off my phone so I could no one could bother me. I also wrote that I hope her surprise is good and that I would call her in the evening about it and see how it went. It was a normal e-mail I would send to her and trying to be like giving excuses why I wouldn't be picking up the phone.
As I woke up early in the morning, I was in this calm state. I think for so long I have come up with ideas about how it would be like and doing the countdown of days that it was like okay no going back now. As I was sitting on my first flight I meet a very nice lady who was going to Haiti for six months and I told her about surprising my friend. She was very exciting about it for me. When I boarded my flight to Columbus I was finally hitting my wall of exhaustion so I started to nod off. Luckily no one was sitting next to me and I had three seats to myself. I didn't sleep very much, but I did okay for the beginning of the flight. At the end, I had a rush of energy and was excited to finally get there.

When the plane touched down I texted David that we touched down and that I will texted him when I leave the airport. I took a taxi all by myself all the way to easton town center, which is a big mall area. He said there wasn't a johnny rockets there anymore and he keep giving me other places to go. Finally he decided that there is a water feature in one part that kids can play in and that they would be there. I knew where and said okay. I texted him to say where I was and then proceeded to walk towards where they were. I was taping myself as I was looking for them and finally spotted them sitting with there backs to me. I put down my bags and started to video taping as I approached. I came around the corner and said "how do you like your surprise!?!" she was like "what!!! are you kidding me!!!! I can't believe your here!!!" We then proceed to hug and go grab my bags I had just put down. Then david and I told her how long we had been planning this and all the lies. She didn't know, not one bit.

As the shock settle in. We planned to go eat and drop off my bags at the car. The rest of the day we chatted and hung out. Later that night we went to a robbery train ride. Overall it was fun and somewhat amusing with it all. There are some good shots that we have, but will have to be posted later because I am having difficulties with this computer.

1 comment:

Short Fry said...

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lghsnbGFwN1qztggxo1_400.jpg