For sometime I have gone back and forth with myself about exercise. I am not fond of it, but I have to do it. As I continue with my Weight Watchers, I have found losing weight here at home harder rather than when I was at school. The only thing different is the exercise, at school the amenities were walking distance away, here at home most things are driving distance. So after looking at all my option and debating if I should or shouldn't spend the money, I went for it. This program prepares you to run or walk either the Half-marathon or Full marathon. I am going for the Half-marathon.
The plan is laid out for me. The next six months roughly, I will be doing walking/running on my own and on Saturdays meet with everyone in this large group (about 125+ people-which then separates into 50 or so a group depending on your run time). I like the schedule because for the next 25 weeks, I know what I have to do everyday and I don't have to think about it.
Now I have told my parents and friends about this program. My friend Kim, sent me a link to MapMyRun.com. It is useful and great. Today I had to do 20 minutes of exercise, but I didn't know the distance I went. I do know the time it took me because my dad was nice enough to buy me a Ironman Timex watch that shows me my lap times.
First Saturday August 29th: Ran/Walked 1 mile 15.02
Sept. 1st: Ran/Walked 1.4 miles
Lap one 10:32.96
Lap two 10:10.03
I am crossing my fingers that with joining this group that I will keep up with the exercise and make it all the way to the Half-marathon in February. Slowly will keep updating, maybe just on my Saturday times.
1 comment:
Go Katie!!
Post a Comment