February 9, 2010

Pictures before I was a twinkle in my parent's mind

Here is my dad with his mother, Doris and Mitzy the dog in 1952-ish. It amazes me to see my dad at a younger age. I don't know why, but I can pick him out with the main features, his eyes, overall roundness with his face. I thought this was a sweet picture of mom and son. He looks happy.



(I edited brightness, contrast, and midtones to get a better view of the photo.)

The next two photos were taken around 1970 when my parents were dating. They married in 1973. I looked at these photos and saw mostly my oldest brother Justin. I also see my middle brother Matthew, but more Justin because of the hair (I think). Take a look.



(I edited brightness, contrast, and midtones to get a better view of the photo.)




(I edited brightness, contrast, and midtones to get a better view of the photo.)


(Justin at college graduation in 2002)


(Matthew during Christmas break from college in 2005)
(Last two pictures from justinsomnia.org)

3 comments:

Bri said...

Our dog was named Mitzy and was a Cocker Spaniel.

katie said...

Updated with the dogs name, I guess the many dogs that your mom and dad had should be dignified with a name.

justin said...

Wow, Dad with a full van dyke. He looks almost unrecognizable to me in that last photo. I'd never seen him with facial hair besides the 'stache. Incredible.