I made it up to a room at some point and decided I needed to do laundry. I only had big euro amounts, so I tried to get change at reception, but they didn't have anything. I then had to go to the grocery store. They told me it was ok that they you could buy a small something and they would break the 50 I had. I when to the store and got a few food items like a tomato, kleenex, and wine I believe(maybe that was later). I then headed off to do laundry. It was located right by my hostel, but even the pictures weren't helping me figure out how to get soap, how to make the machine work. I asked the only 2 people in there if thy spoke English, luckily they did. I asked them how to get the soap and laundry working. There was a central box you feed your money into and press numbers. Ahhh. Yeah I had clean clothes, yet again.
I loved the Montmartre area and helped me in the coming days when I became irritated with people bugging me to sign papers or want my wrist to make a bracelet on it. I just wanted to enjoy and be left alone. I stayed close to my hostel for most of the trip, but I did take some pictures. Here are a few from Montmartre area.
Art Nouveau subway exit.
Just down from my hostel is the Moulin Rouge. I didn't have a desire to go and after I found out the price I couldn't go. It is 90 euros for the show and 190 euros (rough number) for food and champagne.
The art area up in the Sacre Coeur, there were some scammers(bad artists and outrageously expensive), but also some truly great artists with reasonable prices. Here are a few.
This is the 1 of the paintings I bought from him. He was very nice, gave me a slight discount for 2 paintings, which I love. They remind me of the Paris I loved.
Another artist who was friends with the one above. They were friendly and laughed at my hand because I had written things on it. Also like his work.
Some street view from Sacre Coeur to my hostel
I had to get up early for something and took some shots.
Here is the Moulin at night.
No comments:
Post a Comment