February 29, 2012

26th Birthday


I am in front of the Eiffel Tower in my birthday outfit I bought in Paris. It is a pink top from H&M and a skirt with hearts on it from Zara.


Walking to the restaurant.


Here it is. It was recommended by my hotel. Told the Manager it was my birthday and I wanted a nice place to eat. He was right this was good.


Here is the name Les Cocottes by Christian Constant. He wasn't there but Philippe Cadeau the head chef.


Here he is Philippe Cadeau.


Not the best pictures, but the starter I choose was a Crab Salad. It was good.


Steak with roasted vegetables and potatoes with some lettuce.


And for dessert Waffles with whip topping and chocolate and caramel sauce. They were very nice and gave me both. I also got candles. I embarrassed myself earlier trying to get people to sit next to me because I didn't speak french. I also said that loudly and that it was my birthday. Guess what?!? They understood me and all the people there heard me, too. Oops. I said I was nervous and sorry. I talked a little to the person next to me, but mostly watched people and ate.


I made sure I ate it all, which I did with all my dishes. Yum!


I am glad I went out for my birthday, but it was a hard day.

I didn't think I was a family person. I thought ehh I can celebrate my birthday in Paris without anyone. I spent the morning freaking out I would be late to a skype call with my parents, ended up calling an hour early. So they got up at 5am not 6am(Texas time) because of my mistake. I talk to them and opened my card. I was homesick. I put on my charm I received from them. I was heading home on the second train when I realized I didn't have my card. I called my mom crying about how I lost the card. She double checked that I had the charm. I said yes. She said we will get a replacement. I being homesick was like it is not the same. I then spent another couple of hours crying and lonely in my hotel room. I called my mom and dad again upset and homesick. They said I should go out and celebrate my birthday. My dad told me I want a picture of you in front of the Eiffel Tower. I did it and it turned out to be a better night. I was going to go on a night boat cruise, but I fell asleep full of food and wine.

The homesickness got better after my birthday and I really started to enjoy Paris. I am glad I planned an extra few days to see the special things about the city. I learned I like to celebrate things with my immediate family and friends. When that isn't there it is a hard day for me. I now know I need someone I know around for special celebrations.

No comments: