January 14, 2012

Rome - Colosseum


I visited the Colosseum on multiple occasions too. I just liked looking at it. This a long post, but mostly photos with very little comments or explanations to them.








One side fell during an earthquake. The ground on either sides was different so the right side collapsed.


The white stone line outlines where the wall would have been had it not collapsed.




This was interesting because back in the day they used a penis as a direction to a brothel. Can you see it? It is very faint, but if you don't see it it is ok life will go on.


Also, learned that the holes you see dug out are not people taking things from the Colosseum. When the side collapsed, they realized the iron was in between the stone. It was precious metal and looter took it.


Me inside the Colosseum.










What I believe they are doing is creating what the Colosseum use to be like with the flooring and seating. I don't believe they will do a whole section just enough to get an idea.




At night time. The best thing about Rome and other cities is that they light up the buildings which give it another type of dimension or you see something differently.




Ohh and of course...during the day time I did get...


Gelado....mmm mmm...well worth it...don't you think?!?

No comments: