A view from my hotel room the first day of the tour.
Random shot of a street, just to have a feel of what it looked like.
Myself with Italy flags (way off to the right).
Hmmm...Lots of Mopeds and Vespas.
Obelisk are scattered throughout Rome.
Here is another one.
and another with and elephant holding it up. (There is another on that will be on the next post about Bernini)
Famous column that tells a story of some war I believe. I studied it, but I just don't remember.
The mouth of truth. You are suppose to put your hand in the mouth if you are a liar you will lose your hand. I still have my hand.
Walking up a steep hill to a museum.
It was one hell of a view.
The museum was cool too. LOOK at how MASSIVE these statues would have been. Compared to me they are gigantic. I couldn't believe it.
Famous statue of the She-wolf who raise Romulus and Remus. "According to the legend on the founding of Rome, when Numitor, grandfather of the twins Romulus and Remus, was overthrown by his brother Amulius, the usurper ordered the twins to be cast into the Tiber River. They were rescued by a she-wolf who cared for them until a herdsman, Faustulus, found and raised them.The twins proved to be natural leaders and acquired many followers. When told their true identities, they killed Amulius, restored Numitor to the throne of Alba Longa and decided to found a new city for themselves." and so on.
No comments:
Post a Comment