March 9, 2012

London Theater

I spent a lot of time while in London in the West End area seeing plenty of live theatre. One place I did go to many times was Ed's which is an American style diner, 50's style. So good and friendly people.

The Lion King. Amazing animals, a few weird parts for me, but overall good.

Jersey boys. LOVED IT! Great 50s and 60s music.


Les Miserables. Didn't get it, was more enamored with the stage. My parents loved it when they saw it so I decided to go see it. I even got the written storyline and I still wasn't impressed.

Dreamboats and Petticoats. Had some british jokes which I didn't understand. It had a sweet storyline and great 50's music that told the story.

The 39 Steps. Interesting because they would rock back and forth with a train sounds and you could imagine them on a train. I liked it for that aspect.

Priscilla Queen of the Desert The Musical. Very much like the movie. I liked the costumes, but not the play.

Mama Mia. LOVED IT! So much better than the movie. Way better actually.

War Horse. GREAT! Between the stage play, the movie, and the book. I like the stage play. The music was great too.

Shakespeare Globe located across the thames near the millennium bridge "All's Well that Ends Well." LOVED IT! Go here if you are in London.

The inside taken front my seat was located. It is a great theatre to visit.

The Mousetrap- 59th year. Light, but it is like Clue the game and trying to figure out who killed the people. Good twist.

I was the 24,381 show.

We Will Rock You. If you like Queen music you might like this, but if you love the singer from Queen you might not because the voices are close, but not the same. The storyline is funky, but I got into the music and jammed at the end standing up, dancing a little, and singing with my not so good voice.

Spam-a-lot. Traveling show was located in Wimbledon not the West End. It was alright. The second half was better than the first half.

Blood Brothers. I actually liked this one. It had some weird music and some good songs, but the storyline was easy to follow.

Thriller. The worst one, really bad. Some lip-syncing. Don't spend the money.


Chicago. The last show before leaving London to home. Like the movie, but thought movie might have been better.

No comments: